2016 Conference Peacemaking session  

RSS
(@brandon)

From: Brandon WilliamsCraig Brandon WilliamsCraig Sensei <sensei@freeaiki.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: Peace making session
To: Jamie Leno Zimron, Robert Kent, Tim Spies, Paul Linden, Greg Harkless <staff@aikiextensions.org>

All,

We are taking quite a long time to move forward with this. No blame. Just putting it out there. Thanks very much, Tim, for following up so quickly after the conference. Thanks, Jamie, for bringing it to the top of the pile again.
I propose the following action items:
  1. Answer Paul's question directly. Either Greg or Rob put the following text on the AE website: "The Aiki Peacemaking Group examines conflict resolution at the macro and micro level. Topics of focus include interpersonal management of conflict, and the actual building of peace on a structural, international level." Further, Training Across Borders, International Aiki Peace Week, Peace Dojos International, and the PeaceCamp Initiative are listed as initiatives related to the group. If these words accurately express the purpose of the group, than the scope is considerably larger than PDI and does not conflict, so much as potentially support the work or related groups.
  2. If this is so, then we'd need to talk about how the group and initiatives are related to the activities from Tim's notes. Perhaps we might ask those interested in AE's Aiki Peacemaking Group to sign up at https://www.aikiextensions.org/aiki-groups/peacemaking/ , so that we may poll to get a sense of which of the activities from Tim's notes they would like to prioritize, beyond those listed above. I've put this email and notes there in the discussion area.
Brandon

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:28 AM
Subject: Fwd: Peace making session
To: rkent@aikiextensions.org, Brandon WilliamsCraig Sensei <sensei@freeaiki.com>

One thing that did not make it into the notes was my question about whether a peacemaking section of AE is essentially duplicating the  Peace Dojo International.

Aikido of Columbus
 Columbus Center for Movement Studies

being-in-movement.com/videos-paul-lindendaq.htm

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Jamie Leno Zimron wrote:

Notes from our Sofia conference, courtesy of Tim Spies Sensei ~
Begin forwarded message:
Date: September 27, 2016 at 10:42:22 PM MDT
Subject: Peace making session
Here are the notes from the peace making session. Please forward to Robert Kent and Brandon as I do not have their email.

Best practices sharing
Learning & teaching opportunities
Civilian Engagement Catalogue
AE library of practices w/access to public & Aikido
Group structure for sustainability
Real world success stories video, case studies, media story line
Member megaphone and publisher/circulation assistance
Teacher training
Connect to peace case studies (academia)
Organize regular gatherings explicit internal and external focus
Curriculum development how to manual
Calendar
Demonstration
EngAgement
Direct action
Intervention

I think I got it all.

Tim Spies

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2017 7:42 pm
Share: